Monday, March 17, 2008

tote bag insanity, part the first

I have a bazillion (literally!) totes to make in the coming months. Here is the first one, a small tote bag for Joanne. Her only guidelines were blues and greens, so this is what I came up with:



I took this on my favorite chair. We got it for free from our last landlord in Seattle...she went through a messy breakup with her fiance and wanted none of the furniture they shared (they left a bunch of it in the house we rented). It's so comfy, and incidentally, it's a pretty good background for pictures not taken with daylight.



Here's sort of a close up of the fabric so you can see the colors better. If it looks familiar, it's because it's the same as the fabric I used for Flannery's tote, but in a different color. Also, it seems to pretty much perfectly match the color scheme I have for this blog.



Here are the innards.



And here is another picture that's pretty much the same as the first, except one of the straps is hanging down. Ooooooh.

P.S. The contest will begin tomorrow! WOOOOO!

1 comment:

idieh said...

CONTEST?!?! WHAT CONTEST??? I WANT TO ENTER A CONTEST!!

P.S. Sorry for all the yelling, and that tote is quite lovely. The fabric you used for the outside is fetching.