Wednesday, March 12, 2008

administrative note

Hey everyone! I've come to the realization that I need to put a moratorium on bag orders for the time being. My brother and niece are coming to town next week for a week and a half, then after they head home Lorne and I will be going out of town three weekends in a row, so my time will be a little squeezed for the next month.

Aside from that, I'm a bit backlogged right now, and on top of finishing up the custom orders I already have, I'd like to have inventory ready to put in the Penguinbot store before I go about birthin' the baby in June. You may have noticed that there is currently no store on the site right now - but there will be! Dr. Lorney is working hard making things like fancy shopping carts, and we're hoping to have everything all functional in May. The store will have lots of bags similar to ones I've shown here, except they will be available for you to purchase immediately! No wait time! (Well, except for the time you need to wait for the store to be open. And then the time you need to wait for the mailman to bring you whatever you ordered.) I just need to take the time to expel them from my imagination through my sewing machine (the process is less disgusting than I made it sound just then).

I really, truly appreciate all the interest that's come from people reading the blog - it's still very exciting every time someone tells me how much they like something I've made for them. Also, keep an eye out for the exciting contest to win a pretty bag. I'll be posting it sometime next week. Here is a terrible picture of the bag that will be given away to the lucky winner:



I won't even make the winner pay shipping and handling, the way your crappy credit card company probably does when it says it'd like to give you a free gift.

P.S. Just to clear up any possible confusion that may stem from this post - for everyone that has already emailed me about a custom order - don't worry, this doesn't apply to you - you're included in the backlog of things I need to finish up. =)

No comments: