Thursday, July 31, 2008

he'll save children, but not the British children

I mentioned back in this post that I needed to make a diaper bag for ourselves. I finally got around to it over the last few days. The plan was to make something with the Dodgers flying baseball thingy on it, but I was out of dark blue vinyl and the place I usually buy it has it on backorder. Instead of being patient and waiting for more vinyl to come in, I came up with a different plan.



I had a big roll of green vinyl that I'd yet to do anything with. A roll of green vinyl that was roughly the color of Washington State highway signs. Hmm.

As you have seen in other posts (here and here and here), I have a faux-fondness for George Washington. Mainly I like this video. Seriously, have you watched it yet? You should. It's funny.

I had my Washington stencil file from the other projects I'd done with it. I'd just need to enlarge it and print it off. Less work than coming up with something new, and I'm quite interested in less work these days. Hmm.

Thus, the George Washington diaper bag was born. We can tell Will that we're all patriotic or something, not that his mom was inspired by a cartoon full of lies about our first president.


He made love like an eagle falling out of the sky.

The fabric I used on the lining was given to me by Nate and Miranda for my birthday a few years ago. I want to use it to make an apron and a few other things, but well...I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But I liked it for the diaper bag. I like George Washington and I also like birds.



Also, I like sleep. I'm going to go get some now.


He'll kick you apart.

3 comments:

grant said...

LOVE IT SO HARD.

although what are the dimensions? Is it 6 foot 20, and killing for fun?

Cakespy said...

I love this diaper bag!!! It's so rad!!! I have to say though, when I first moved to washington state I did not know that's what the weird shape was on the signs! How embarrassing is that to admit?

Anonymous said...

The G.W. diaper bag is so random and awesome.